As the nation’s largest donor and volunteer-supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes impactful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and children (“Littles”), ages 6 through 14. We develop positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people. And by doing that, we create meaningful change in our community.
We Make an Impact
Our programs aim to help every child reach their full potential.
Here’s the proof. National research has shown that positive relationships between Littles and their Bigs have a direct and measurable impact on children’s lives. By participating in our programs, Little Brothers and Sisters are:
- More confident in their schoolwork performance
- Able to get along better with their families
- 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
- 27% less likely to begin using alcohol
- 52% less likely to skip school