Sign up to volunteer for Outdoor Fitness Festival 2013 HERE.
View the volunteer shifts below (you'll need the shifts associated codes as you sign up).
Wondering what duties are involved in each volunteer shift? We've listed the descriptions here to help you better understand the shifts, and choose which shifts are best for you.
- Prep Days
- Help organize and set up the next upcoming event. This may involve folding and organizing event shirts and setting up tables or merchandise. Prep Day shifts will be indoors.
- Packet Pick Up
- Help distribute participants' packets, shirts, race magazines, and other items. Some packet pick up shift are indoors, including marathon weekend.
- Help distribute participants' packets, shirts, race magazines, and other items, while also helping new registrants sign up for events.
- Finish Line
- This is a very important service to participants. You will help distribute food, water, towels, blankets, and/or medals as participants cross the finish line. You may also help cut timing chips off participants' shoes if at Dogwood Canyon. Can be a group volunteer opportunity. Shifts are outdoors.
- Runner Return
- Your job is to collect the timing chips from the runners as they cross the finish line. Runners will have a timing chip attached to their shoelaces. Congratulate the runners on a job well done and quickly cut off their chip. Can be a group shift. Shifts are outdoors.
- Relay Exchange Point
- You will be stationed along the course where the marathon relay runners switch places in the race. Be sure current runner coming off the course crosses over the timing pad first, and the new runner coming onto the course crosses over the timing pad second. You simply aid them in this process so no errors are made in timing. Shifts are outdoors.
- Street Ambassador
- You are stationed out along the course. Your job is to cheer on runners as they pass by, and make sure that vehicles do not pass through your intersection/area while runners are coming by. You must wear your provided orange safety vest at all times. One volunteer can take multiple street shifts if desired by moving from one location to the next. Shifts are outdoors.
- Aid Station
- One of the most important jobs of the day! Help deliver water, drinks, and snacks to runners along the course while cheering them on! Keep station organized , clean, and stocked during race. All food and drink is provided by Bass Pro Shops. Setup station before and clean up station after shift. This is a great group volunteer opportunity. Shifts are outdoors.
- Route Director
- As the marathon and half-marathon course split apart from each other, help call out the change in course so runners continue on the correct course. This shift is vital in making sure runners do not accidentally run the wrong race. Megaphone will be provided. Shifts are outdoors.